Monday, January 18, 2010

In what ways do beliefs drive actions? What are some examples of beliefs controlling actions in your life?

I am a Christian but my beliefs go deeper than that. I believe that anything worth having is worth working for. Every day I work for my family, my marriage, my health. I go out of my way to do little things for my husband and son, and they do the same back. Little things like making his butties for work or washing his favourite cup even when there's nothing else to wash up just so its ready for him. And he does little things back like pre-setting the coffee maker so its ready when i wake up.


I believe in sharing. If I win on the lottery, i put something in a charity box. If I have a penny, and someone's short at a till, I pass it on. I try to share my time as much as money. You know at bus stops there's always a mad old dear starts talking to you? Listen. It doesnt slow you down, you get off as normal, but you've talked to someone new and made their day brighter. Sometimes it comes back on you-I talk to the trolley guy at Tesco. He's older, he's lonely, he likes to talk. It only takes a second to say ';how you doing?'; and in the pounding rain last month, I always received a dry trolley. It made me feel good to give those few seconds every week, and im sure it was good for him to see my grateful smile as i put my toddler in a dry seat.


Linked to that, I believe in helping others. I help people with bags and prams on buses, i give up my seat. I always make time for faimly and friends to talk. If you have nothing else, giving of yourself is the greatest gift you can offer.





And quite seasonal too!In what ways do beliefs drive actions? What are some examples of beliefs controlling actions in your life?
Most men want what a woman has...and they'll do ANYTHING to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment