Saturday, January 16, 2010

In what ways does action or experience control beliefs? What are some examples of this in your life?

This sounds more like philosophy. Did you purposefully choose this seciton?





I would believe a lot of things just by being told. Knowledge by authority is just a necessary substitute when empirical knowledge is lacking.


i.e. I know winter is cold, but I don't know what cold is until I experience it in relation to summer.


i.e. I know that recreational hiking is fun, but I don't know what that 'fun' is until I hike.





From these experiences (winter vs summer and hiking) it is obvious that Ideas are told to us that we accept and general truth and then once we experience it we more thouroughly define our beliefs.


This is often the case, but sometimes we discover that our experiences lead us to novel beliefs.


For example - I've been told that making friends is a good thing. I personally think its a neutral thing. Friendships can go either way, there's no need to assume its a good thing.





This applies to many other things as well. ';You can't be catholic and be pro-abortion'; Don't be so simple, of course you can.


Also, gay people are distgusting and evil, no no no we're awesome. %26gt;=D





I don't know if you're asking about my beliefs as a lesbian? Because if you are thats stupid.


I don't shape my beliefs of this world in relation to my sexual preference and I don't think that the majority of LGBT's do either.


Maybe the belief that I'm a lesbian is controlled by experience but most everything else is based on the facts that have been introduced throughout my life by authority and experience.








Sorry I kinda went all out on you there in the beggining.... like an essay or whatever xD

No comments:

Post a Comment